Monday, September 22

that 3-digit number we all hate

... weight.

although i haven't weighed myself in ages (because my scale is broken), i still 'watch my weight' by not eating after 9 if i can help it, reading my food labels and drinking lots of water. i realize that exercise is an important factor which is missing from my routine but i can't help it. i hate exercise.

well i happened to run into this picture on a blog a couple weeks back and i'm finally posting it:


her name is jessica stroup. you might recognize her from the new 90210, she plays silver. everyone on that superficial show is skinny even to LA standards and i was very sad when i saw this picture. the picture on the left is probably how she was normally. what did she have to do to lose that much weight? probably develop an eating disorder. people always say 'what are we showing our kids through hollywood tv?' and many research links eating disorders to the media. right now, it's telling us: if you want to be anything near cool, become underweight.

it is so unfortunate. i'm not saying lets all be sedentary like myself. but rather: lets not go to the extremes to be skinny. what's it all worth?

1 comment:

Carmichael said...

I was thinking about that too, I'm not too sure where I stand.

I used to be pro-"healthy." I don't believe people should be judged by their size. I was watching the Tyra show where she got fat to prove something... but she inevitably went straight back to skinny...
and after visiting three countries in Asia, everyone is so damn tiny.

My cousin is on the rounder side, even on American standards, and when I would shop with her it was so insulting to hear these people whisper. Well, then again the Philippines is REALLY judgemental on looks, but it was just amazing to see how tiny people are in the Philippines. It was so hard to buy clothes there because of size differences. And portions are so effing tiny. But I liked it. I kinda wished more things were like that here.

But yeah, when I came back I was in awe about how big people can get. I wonder what foreigners think when they come here.

But in the end, I guess I'm just pro-happiness. But then again, that might've been the problem with us anyway.

I'm anti-obesity if they can help it, but