Sunday, November 23

mistaken

so i have a lot of gay friends- gay guy friends- and i wondered if that made me come off as a lesbian somehow. i found out that it doesn't. people seem to understand the concept of a 'fag-hag' so it's been good.

but today kristen and i were mistaken as a lesbian couple. i've been saying that my short hairdo makes me look like a boy but i didn't know i would start giving off the samantha ronson vibe. kristen can certainly be an asian lindsay lohan minus the coke habit. we both got a haircut at the same time and her stylist thought that we were a couple. i didn't hear this bc i was with another stylist and i was talking about tattoos with him. 

i mean, we met up for a group project on a sunday morning so i was like.... in minimal makeup and plain clothing but since kristen dresses a lot more girlier and fancier, i guess we looked like a couple. how did i feel about it? it was interesting to hear that she thought that... but i got a strong urge to like seriously dress more girly. but then it's also the hair. ugh. i bought lipgloss today.

my hair doesn't look much different from before (i can barely tell the difference), but the proceeds went to the fire victims in brea so it was all worth it. it was at this salon called studio 5150 and they were raffling free 1-hr drum lessons with this ex-drummer from ACDC. cool, huh? i don't care much for them, but i know toni does so i got an autographed picture of him for her. his name is chris slade and he's the salon owner's dad or something. teehee.


i can't wait for my hair to grow out xP

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow who did your hair? Every time Nona does my hair it is amazing and I am always totally happy. It is really cool that you went and donated to the victims. My Mom's house was only a few blocks away from the fire and although they suffered some smoke damage it didn't burn even though some of their friends homes did- It was the same for Salon 5150 - I think it was just cool that they donated everything to the Red Cross. Sadly not many folks will work for free, on their day off, to help someone else out.

min said...

hi deeaz. i got my hair done by gabriel, who rocked my hair. i didn't want a dramatic cut, just a clean-up and that's exactly what he did for my hair. he has a lot of experience and he used to work in la ;)

how did you find me?

Anonymous said...

haha i can't wait to see what your hair looks like! i'm getting a haircut this saturday. woot woot!